Are you bored with your usual breakfast routine? Nutella French Toast is one of the easiest breakfast or brunch dessert recipes that looks like the over-priced dishes they serve at fancy cafes. How much would you pay for something that looks like this?Jump to Recipe
While we are all stuck inside our homes, thanks to the lock-down, and unable to enjoy a nice breakfast at our favorite cafe, this is something we can do to cheer ourselves up. Making this is so easy that any inexperienced beginner can make it easily in no time. All you need is a handful of ingredients you will easily find in your kitchen (Nutella being the possible exception).
So the first time I made this, years back, I did not have Nutella at home. But I did have a chocolate bar and some fresh cream in my refrigerator. So what you can do is just add 5-6 pieces of chocolate and 3 tbsp of cream to a bowl. Heat this in a microwave for 1-2 minutes taking the bowl out and stirring every 10-15 seconds. You can stop heating once the chocolate completely melts and you are able to mix it well to a smooth ganache.
Nutella French ToastCourse: Breakfast, BrunchDifficulty: Easy
Nutella French Toast is a simple breakfast dessert or brunch recipe with banana and Nutella inside topped with cinnamon sugar and strawberries.
Bread (brown/white) – 4 slices
Nutella- see I told you, you will always have it available
Egg – 1
Milk – 3-4 Tbsp
Sugar – 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Strawberries for garnish
- Spread Nutella over the bread slices. I prefer using brown bread. I believe this would taste best. But if you have regular white bread, go ahead with that.
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk together using a fork. Milk gives it a creamier texture.
- Dip the bread sandwich with Nutella in it and coat well on both sides.
- Heat butter in a pan and toast the sandwich in the butter. Make sure you use butter itself. This enhances the flavor and can never be matched by any other oil.
- Once both sides are toasted and turns slightly brown, remove from heat and top with cinnamon sugar and strawberry.*
- Enjoy – which you will!
- To prepare cinnamon sugar, grind a stick of cinnamon with sugar to a fine powder. You can store this and later.
Lastly, if you try this Nutella French Toast recipe, do let me know. I always try to respond to every comment and message. Also, check out my Instagram page where the photos of my recipes first see the light. If you liked this recipe, I am sure you will love my other Nutella recipe which is Nutella Banana Mug Cake, which is again a very easy dessert with Nutella and Banana.